Monday, January 6, 2014

Where Would This Eighth Grader Be

Where Would this Eighth Grader Be If not for Her Third Grade Teacher?

I am grateful to Emily for this beautiful gift. Not only does this personal letter bring me great joy, but it also underscores the importance of integrating technology in the classroom at an early age. http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/this-is-why-i-teach.html

Dear Mrs. Yollis,

I was completing a school documentary the other day for National History Day, and while looking at my complex software, I started thinking. I wondered about how I started loving computers and when I wanted to understand more in depth about these fascinating systems. Then I realized, my knowledge started in your third-grade classroom. Your classroom and blog started it all. Before your class, I couldn’t type well. I knew close to nothing about the internet and computers, but today, I can proudly say I am a computer film editor who started as a blogger and kept going. So this email to you is mainly to thank you. During the summer, I intern at the city's TV station and edit. If I didn’t know what the internet and computers were, how could I edit? Well it’s a good thing you taught me about computers! So, Thank you for being that start to my knowledge of the computer. Words cannot describe how appreciative I am of you. Thank you for everything you taught me in third grade that put me where I am now. I really appreciate everything you ever taught me in school and online.


Thanks and Happy Holidays,
Emily, Eighth-Grade Editor


Read more at;
http://yollisclassblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/this-is-why-i-teach.html

No comments:

Post a Comment